Chamonix is the best spot for alpine skiers wanting to push themselves to the extreme. The resort is well-known for steep, challenging runs, off-piste powder, and beautiful mountain scapes. Chamonix hosted the first ever Winter Olympics in 1924, many consider it the birthplace of alpine skiing.
- Ski Season: Mid-December to Early May
- Closest Airport:
- Geneva International Airport (The SAT bus company provides daily connections between Geneva airport and Chamonix: www.sat-montblanc.com)
- Haute-Savoie Mont Blanc Airport
- Vertical Feet: 7236 ft.
- Runs: 86
- Lifts: 47
- Longest Run: 12 miles
- Average Snowfall: 264"
What do I get?
The only benefit Mountain Collective Passholders receive is two free, one day, "Le Pass" lift tickets. The Chamonix Le Pass ski pass gives you access to all Chamonix's ski areas (with the exception of the top of the Grands Montets), to enjoy ski slopes between 1000 and 2500 meters.
The Le Pass is valid for use in these areas only:
- Brévent-Flégère Area
- Les Grands-Montets Area (summit not included)
- Domaine de BalmeArea
- La Vormaine Area
- Les Chosalets Area
- Le Savoy Area
- Les Planards Area
Details on le pass and any areas not included can be found here: http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/gp
- Kids Ski Free: 5 and under
- Pickup Instructions: You must bring a printed voucher/confirmation of your Mountain Collective Pass purchase to the Central Cash Desk at:
35 Place de la Mer de Glace74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France*Pickup is only permitted at this location.
- No lodging discount at Global Affiliate destinations.
- No 50% benefit at Global Affiliate Destinations.
We recommend customers reach out to the destination directly for any questions or inquiries on information not listed above, as well as for the most up to date information.